profile affiliates free page refresh follow

The Authors
About
Owned by three Girls, spinning a thread of imaginations in this Blog ^^
bold italic strike underline


Secrets
Characters

Kris Lee
Lee Minhee
Alastair Choi


Thankyou
big clap
Template & design was made by Adam Faiz. Thanks to Michiko for the basecode, & Wanaseobyfor the useful tuto and colourful backgrounds.Please,do not remove the credit.tQ



Liz; Chapter 3
Monday 23 March 2015 | 0 comments

“Liz, are you done yet?” Minhee asked for the 17th time as she paced around impatiently outside the toilet. “I really reeeeally need to wee and I’m lateeee.”

“A minute!” I replied. Minhee sighs, she’s almost late for her debate team meeting in the morning and I’m not helping her out at all.

It’s already been a week since we’ve started school and I’ve pretty much settled down and gotten used to the life in LA. Minhee and I have the same classes most of the days since we are in the same major. The only classes that were not the same are our extra credit classes. She took up debate class and I took up music, of course. Today’s the day of the audition for the music class and I’ve spent the entire week practicing a piece I’m going to play on the guitar. Apparently, you have to audition to get into the music class and to say I’m not nervous is an obvious lie. I’ve seen the people in my music class perform during the open house and they are all freaking talented. I swear they’re all like music prodigies or just plain geniuses.
“I’m done!” I said when I opened the door, only to find Minhee standing there, rolling her eyes at me.

Calm the hell down you damn heart! I screamed in my mind while making my way to the audition venue. My heart is racing and the butterflies in my stomach aren’t helping at all. I feel like I’m going to throw up any minute. Lord have mercy on me please. I finally reached the audition venue, which is the school’s auditorium, after much contemplation and hesitation. I was amazed by the place – it looked incredible. There was a vast stage in the center with gleaming spotlights hanging from above and the judges’ table was just a few meters away from the stage. “Are you here for the audition?” a voice broke me out of my daze. “Umm, yeah. I’m Liz Yuen.” I replied. “Okay, I see your name here,” he said while flipping the papers on his clip board, “go through the curtains from the left of the stage and someone will tell you what to do.” Then he left and approached another girl asking the same question.

As I walked through the curtains, someone came out at the exact same time and bumped into my shoulder accidentally. After gaining my balance back, I turned to the person and glared at him only to find that he looks extremely familiar.

“Goddammit. I’m so sorry-oh hey! You’re the girl that I knocked over in the hallways!” He said, grinning at me. Then it came to me, he’s the pretty asian guy with the unexpected deep voice that I fell butt-first in front of.  My face started burning up in embarrassment.

“Umm, y-yeah I am...” I replied awkwardly.

“We keep meeting in these kind of situations.” He laughed. “Are you here for the audition?”

“No. I mean yes. Are you?”

“No, I’m actually here to help out. You know, to facilitate the backstage and all.” He smiled a little, obviously stifling a laugh. “Oh! How could I forget to introduce myself, I’m Kris Lee. I’m also in music class, second year, in case you’re wondering.” He held out his hand.

“I’m Liz Yuen. First year and hopefully can get in to music class, in case you’re wondering as well.” I smiled and held out my own hand to shake his.

Kris then brought me around backstage and explained what was going on and when I was going to perform. We had a few small chats before my name was called out to the stage. Talking to Kris made me forget about the nervousness I was feeling and now that it’s time for me to actually perform, the nervousness is back and the knots in my stomach are tighter than ever. Kris patted my shoulder and wished me good luck before I stepped out to the stage. I had a 30 seconds pep talk with myself in my head while walking to the seat placed at the center of the stage.

It’s now or never, Liz. And then I played.




“Well done, Liz! That was amazing! ” Kris exclaimed the minute I came backstage.

“You think so? I think I screwed it up.” I asked uncertainly. I made a few mistakes here and there while I was performing and thought I was not going to make it so I wasn’t very confident and satisfied with my performance.

Kris widens his eyes, “DUH! Are you kidding me?! Your performance was the best performance I’ve heard and seen all day. And I’ve been here ALL DAY.” I just shrugged.

“Don’t worry. You’ll get in, for sure.” He continued.

I heaved a heavy sigh. “Hope so.”

It was already the evening when I left the auditorium when I received a text from Minhee asking me to meet her at the cafeteria for dinner.  I was still a little doubtful about my performance and was strolling really slowly past the hallways. I was walking pass the dance rooms when I heard music coming from one of the rooms. For the past few days, whenever I pass by these rooms, there’s always a guy dancing by himself and sometimes I would watch him dance. I know that sounds very eerie but I couldn’t help it. I never saw his face but that’s not important because what engrossed me was the way he moves. He moves so naturally, gracefully and almost personally.  The way he dances, it’s different. There’s something in the way he moves, it’s more than just a dance to him. And tonight, I found myself being wrapped up yet again with his dancing.

The next scene happened so suddenly I didn’t have time to collect my thoughts.

The guy finished a step and turned towards the door where I was hiding. His eyes shifted towards my direction and looked at me, as though he could see me watching him. Maybe, maybe not I thought. Until I saw the corner of his lips twisted up and he smirked at me.

He knew I was watching all along. Shit

Labels:


FUTURE
PAST