profile affiliates free page refresh follow

The Authors
About
Owned by three Girls, spinning a thread of imaginations in this Blog ^^
bold italic strike underline


Secrets
Characters

Kris Lee
Lee Minhee
Alastair Choi


Thankyou
big clap
Template & design was made by Adam Faiz. Thanks to Michiko for the basecode, & Wanaseobyfor the useful tuto and colourful backgrounds.Please,do not remove the credit.tQ



Liz; Chapter 1
Saturday 11 October 2014 | 0 comments
New place, new beginnings. I can do this. I thought to myself as I inhaled the fresh California air once I stepped out of LAX. Suddenly Miley Cyrus' Party In The USA seems so relatable and fitting to my situation right now. I've always dreamed of studying abroad by myself and how much fun I would have but right now, I'm honestly nervous and scared. Being so far away from home without my family is the first for me however, I'm still excited for this new adventure.

Oh wait. I haven't officially introduced myself. Hi, I'm Elizabeth Yuen but you can call me Liz. I've graduated from Nanyang Polytechnic recently and I've just been accepted to University of California, Los Angeles. So, here I am. In LA. All by myself.

Standing right outside of LAX with my luggages, I took out a huge yellow envelope that UCLA had sent me a few weeks ago containing information, enrollment slips and other bibs and bobs to find the address to my new hostel. From the information given to me, I'm supposedly rooming with Lee Minhee, a Korean student who is also in her first year of college. I hailed a cab and made my way to the hostel located somewhere at West Hollywood. Apparently, the hostel is quite a few train stations away from the college itself. I thought it'll be just right beside or behind the college, well guess not.

As the cab goes onto the driveway of the hostel, the jaw literally dropped. This place looks like something straight out of the Harry Potter movies. The architecture of the hostel is INSANE. The buildings are so castle-like and incredibly gorgeous. Literally beyond what I have imagined it to be. And to call this place my home for the next 2 years?? WOWWW. I. AM. LOVING. THIS.

I got out of the cab, took my luggages and began finding my way to my room. "Room 502... Room 502... Room 502..." I muttered to myself. "Ah, here it is!" I stuck the key in and turned the knob. The room was pretty big and well furnished. There were 2 single beds separated on each side of the room and one side was already decorated with photo frames and posters of SHINee and other kpop groups. We already have something in common. The side of my lips curled up. There was no one in the room so I figured Minhee was out or something. I threw my luggage on the bed and started unpacking my stuff. After about an hour, I stood up and made my way to the door just in time a girl with extremely long black hair opened it. "Oh! Hi, you must be my new roommate! I'm Minhee." She smiled at me with beaming eyes. "Hey, I'm Liz." I said as I shook her hands. "Nice place here. I didn't expect it to look like this at all." I said. "I knoooow right! That's what I thought when I first came here too! This place is gorgeous! Wait till you see the campus, you're gonna be blown away! ...." As she continued blabbering about everything else, I just sat at my bed and listened to her. It's nice to have someone so bubbly as my roommate as I'm definitely not someone that talks a lot. I know that we're going to get along well.

After about another hour of chatting with Minhee, she left to get us some takeaways for dinner. I heave a sigh and took out my laptop. Time to inform my family that I have arrived safely and to email Joby and Cay. I miss my best friends. Not being able to see and contact each other often makes me feel weird.


Hey Girls!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh my goodness. To say I have missed you all, is an understatement. Omg. Omg. Omg.
Okay first things first, I have arrived in LA safely and already settled into my hostel! This place is incredible. I'll show you all through skype next time. And my roommate is called Minhee and she's korean :) And she's so bubbly and sweet, y'all would like her too. Okay, enough of me for now.
I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU CAYYYYY! Sorry I couldn't really express my excitement the first time cause I was so out of it. BUT OH MY GOD I'M PROUD OF YOU. Since you will be in London, just across the "lake" (HAHAHA), I can visit you during the holidays! :D And Joby! How are you woman. Come visit me and Cay soon! I'm starting my first day of school tomorrow and I'm nervous. But excited. I wonder what other curricular activities should I take... probably music. Cause y'know, what else. Hahaha. I miss you girls like crazyyyy. Let's skype soon. Love you both. 

xoxo, 
Liz

Just as I clicked send, Minhee came through the doors. "Food's here!!" she announced. We both dug in and prepared for our first day of school tomorrow. And, that's how my first day in LA went. 


Labels:


FUTURE
PAST