profile affiliates free page refresh follow

The Authors
About
Owned by three Girls, spinning a thread of imaginations in this Blog ^^
bold italic strike underline


Secrets
Characters

Kris Lee
Lee Minhee
Alastair Choi


Thankyou
big clap
Template & design was made by Adam Faiz. Thanks to Michiko for the basecode, & Wanaseobyfor the useful tuto and colourful backgrounds.Please,do not remove the credit.tQ



Cadence; Chapter 1
Saturday 11 October 2014 | 0 comments

Why would I even think that going to London on my own would be fine?

My name is Cadence Ching. My BFFs call me Cay and 4 days ago, I got a call from the management of Hallmark Cards informing me that a position for me as a card designer is open and I can't say 'No' to that amazing offer! I had been working my ass off on my portfolio and my hard work has finally paid off. 
But being alone in a foreign country filled with strangers is a different thing. You see, I have always been the awkward one among my friends and camouflaging myself in a crowd is my specialty. Moreover, my boyfriend did not support the idea of me leaving the country; we even argued for the first time in our 2 years relationship. He refused to sent me off at the airport after that.
I let out a sigh and got out of the toilet, returning to my seat and did my usual 'stare-out-of-the-window' routine for the next 2 hours before the plane arrived at London.  

After 6 hours of flight, the plane finally arrived at London City Airport and I got out with other passengers, following their tails. The management informed me that one of their employees would be there to pick me up, 'Kpop Nerd' they said. Not very descriptive. I bit my lower lip and tried to come up with the best greetings I can come up with when I meet him.

After retrieving my luggage, I shadowed behind people again; just in case I lose my way. Looking for a Kpop Nerd was indeed too difficult to find except for an Asian guy with dyed blonde hair, holding up a really decorative banner in his hands with my name written on it. He looked like he was about my age and let me add, he has really girly features. Totally my type.

Eh oh! Now I'm anxious. 

I walked towards him, "Ah! You spelled my name wrongly." The guy stopped waving the banner and anxiously examined his banner. I laughed softly at his anxiety, "I'm just kidding. I'm Cadence. Did the management sent you?" The guy beamed at me as he rubbed the back of his neck, laughing awkwardly."Y-yeah! I'm Alastair." I shook his hand, amazed that he does not have a British accent but his looks itself is enough to make me eat my heart out.
I insisted on holding onto my luggage as Alastair asked me tons of questions about myself - What I intend to do? Where am I from? And stuff. If he isn't an employee of Hallmark, I would have squirm so badly from discomfort.

Alastair called a cab for us and drove us to my hotel. "London is a big place but I hope you'll approach me if you need anything." Alastair said, breaking the awkwardness between us. I simply nodded in reply, forming the awkwardness again. I am such a conversation killer! I looked at my phone, expecting to see my boyfriend's text messages or calls but nothing. I sighed, he probably don't want to spend too much money on overseas calls. I planned to email him later when I get to the hotel.
"Boyfriend?" Alastair looked at me with those brown eyes of his.
"Y-yeah. We had an argument about me coming to London...I-I mean, We argued about having me..." Great! Now, I'm worried about my English! 
Alastair laughed as he patted his leg at my awkwardness. "Don't worry about it. I get it! It must be hard for you to adapt to the change." I smiled at him and nodded. "Yeah, I guess it is."
"Well, get some rest at the hotel later. Tomorrow will be your first day of work so we need tons of your energy." Alastair made an encouraging pose that made me giggled. I looked forward to working with this guy.

Alastair helped me checked into my hotel room as soon as we arrived at Brown's Hotel. It's a really beautiful hotel, simple yet grand - Just my style! Alastair approached me with my room key, "I guess that is all that I can do for ya. If you face any problems, just call me." He handed me my room key and a note with his number in it. "I think there's nothing much to tell you. All information are in the email the management has sent you." He rubbed the back of his neck, not sure how to end the day. I smiled and bowed a little, out of habit. "Thank you so much for your help, Alastair. I think I can manage the rest by myself." He smiled down at me, "Well, good night then." I sent him off at the entrance before heading up to my hotel room.

I felt like I just entered one of the bedrooms that only appeared in movies. It's...indescribable! I instantly fell in love with the room and explored every corners. I can't wait to use the bathtub already!
After exploring, I took out my laptop and placed it on the table and opened up my email. I have three emails to write, I guess I'll start with my boyfriend since I owe him an apology.

Dear Darling, 
I've just checked into my hotel room. I hope you are doing well. I'm sorry that everything happened so sudden and I wish I could spend more time with you :) When I've got the money, I'll send you and my family and friends plane tickets to come over to London. Please don't be mad at me anymore :') I love you! <3 

Love,
Cadence
Ps: I don't mean what I said during our argument.

Sent.
Now, my family. 

Hi Mom, Dad and Leon, 
London is really amazing and the hotel is so pretty! I'll send some pictures when I've got the time. I hope everyone is doing well and do take care! I'll do my best in Hallmark and send money over or maybe even plane tickets! Do look forward to it! I love you all! Tell Grandma that I'm doing well and tell her to take care of her body! I'll send her a plane ticket too :)

Love, 
Cadence

Sent.
Now, to my BFFs.I switched email account to the one that Joby created for us. It's so much easier to send email to each other this way. Joby, you're a genius! Ding! Oh, there's already an email from Liz. I smiled as my eyes traced every word Liz wrote in her email. She seems to be doing well already.

Heyhey, Joby and Liz! 
Good to know that you're doing well, Liz! I would love to meet MinHee! Put her up on Skype the next time we go Live, alright? And do come visit when you're free, I'm homesick already TAT! Anyway,the hotel that I am staying in is GORGEOUS! I'll send you guys pictures of London when I have the time. Joby, what are you doing now? I'm starting work tomorrow, super nervous >< Good thing it's Friday tomorrow in London & LA! Oh! Speaking of work, a cute employee of Hallmark came to pick me up at the airport today! His name is Alastair ;) Do Skype soon so I can tell you more about him! Ciao!

Love, 
CayCay 

I leaned back on my chair and looked around the hotel room. It would be nice if it isn't this quiet. Well, whatever. I better catch some ZZZs for the night. 

Labels:


FUTURE
PAST